Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week three in plaid

Week Three for Project Run and Play and the and the theme is mad for plaid.  I have had this brown plaid wool fabric folded in my stash for years.  I decided for this theme I would finally use it.  The fabric is perfect for fall and the cooler weather here in Minnesota.  Like last week I used the Oliver & S roller-skate pattern.  I think this is my new favorite pattern!  I did make a few changes with this version.
 
The skirt part of the dress is gathered according to the pattern.  Instead of the gather I added pin tucks and than turned four of those pin tucks into pleats.  I than attached the skirt of the dress on top of the bodice rather than to sewing it inside the bodice.
I also shortened the front of the dress and added a curve and extra length to the back.
Under the dress I added a white skirt with an awesome wrinkled texture.  (my kids may think I am nerdy using that word "awesome".  But it is really the only way to describe it.  I love the wrinkles.  Can you tell?  I am being a bit unoriginal with that gold trim (I used it in week one). But, I really think it's pretty for fall.  I also added the gold trim to the skirt.  It is not attached to the dress so it can be worn alone as well.
  You would think this dress would be perfect for  late September in Minnesota.  Nope, not today.  Wool and windy 80 degree temps are not the best mix for comfort, or photos of a pretty little lady with very long hair.  This is how most of the pictures turned out.
Here are a few more that turned out a little better : )





Oh, and than there were these.
 
Thanks for viewing : )
 
 

5 comments: