Saturday, December 7, 2013

Keeping a secret

Mila and I have been keeping a little secret over here. I had the opportunity to test again : ). This test was a top secret mission for Heidi & Finn, an entry for the Designers  Challenge a competition by Pattern Revolution.  We as testers were asked to create a dress samples unseen. Well I personally had no fear that the outcome would be adorable. I own many of the Heidi and Finn patterns and there are many more I plan to purchase. Everyone of Christine's patterns are beautyfull. Just as I had suspected this pattern was just as adorable!

Introducing- The Gatsby Dress

Alright I will have to say I am not the best indoor photographer! This is a skill I must learn as a sewing blogger in Minnesota. The temps here were bellow zero and I just could not bring the baby outside with out all her cold weather gear.  Back to the dress- it's the a-line version for Mila. To be honest it is so much prettier in person!  
I tried to stay true to the name of the dress and added sequins. The top part of the bodice is lace with a peter pan collar. You could also do two knit tones (no lace) and kinda color block the dress.  I do suggest sticking with light weight knit fabrics as the pattern suggest. I used a fabric a little heavier than a t-shirt type fabric and it seemed a little thick for the dress.
The back of the dress has a planket that ties in a bow at the top and is super adorable. Urg, no photos of that here though. I plan to make many more of these for Mila. She can actually crawl in this dress without tripping : ).  
Here are a few more photos. Stop over at Heidi and Finn for more tester examples and Christine's Etsy shop to grab the pattern for yourself.


Thanks for visiting : )

No comments:

Post a Comment