Monday, March 3, 2014

Some pretty little pintucks

Ahh, I am a few hours late on posting this.  Yay, I got to test another Heidi & Finn pattern!!!  The pattern was just released this morning and oh isn't it darling!  I can promise I will be making a few of these every season for Mila.  It is so sweet and simple.  The pattern is great with solid fabrics and just as great for showing off the cuteness of some of those printed fabrics.  I can't wait to try linen with this pattern. Here is a link to purchase the pattern for yourself : )
http://www.etsy.com/listing/181318141/pintuck-blouse-and-dress-pdf-pattern-and?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=Pintuck+PDF+girls&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery


I used this Aneela Hoey's Posy line for the dress.  I found some here on Etsy.  Oh man it is dreamy!!!  The cotton has just the perfect weave for this dress.  After photographing I ended up cutting the sleeves to 3/4ths.  I just felt the print was a little to summery for a long sleeve dress.    Ok, back to the pattern.  I think this was a pretty quick sew.  pin tucks actually are easy.  It was my first go at them.  I own a pin tuck foot but have never used it.  I still have yet to use it because Christin of Heidi &Finn gave great directions that had no need for the foot.
For the neckline you use bias tape.  Christine also gives directions on how to create your own.  I love how it ties in back.
Pretty, pretty, huh : )


Guess what, the pattern has a few options.  You can choose from long sleeves or short sleeves, and you can do dress or top.  Since I had done the dress with the long sleeve I thought my top test aught to be short sleeved.  Plus I am kinda dreaming of spring weather in my future (knock on wood).  It's been bellow zero here for 40 some days this winter season! YUCK!!!
 I used the Michael Miller Quarter Dot Glitz fabric.  I kinda stalked Hawthorne threads for its release. Its out of stock on Fabric.com but here is a link.

 I used premade bias in gold for the neckline.  It turned out amazing.  When making clothes for Mila it is my main goal to make something that you would not see at The Childrens Place or Target, but rather handmade or too high end to buy local.  I think this pattern is perfect for that!


Thanks for stopping by!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment