Friday, January 8, 2016

Hawthorne Threads Forest Fables


Wowza! Super cute right : )! I am completely adoring the new exclusive line by Hawthorne Threads- Forest Fables.  I think this little fox face print must have been specifically created to
pair with the Animazing skirt!!!  



I have been loving Hawthorne Threads lines since their first release Calliope.  The colors are so pretty and the design could not be more whimsical and still completely gorgeous.  I mean all the lines!  But today I am talking about, sharing about- Forest Fables and what I created for Mila for Christmas!



Ok, so the skirt was really more for me.  Mila loves it though and I am not sure if there is another outfit I have created for her that has received as many complements as this little skirt.   
On with the Christmas presents- : )

Mila received a Bitty Baby for Christmas.  Although she has two doll beds, she did not have a bed for a baby so I made her the Bassinette.  If she has a doll bassinet she most certainly needs a diaper bag, and if she has a diaper bag, I guess she needs diapers and a wipes case too!  So That is what I did!  Her little Bitty is set! : )


I used Stitch Floral in Indigo for the outer and Fabled Text in Glade for the inner.  The Fabled Text is adorable!!!! I love the fable stories on the fabric.  Mila is always asking for me to read her bassinet to her : ).  For the pillow I used Billy Goats Gruff in Glade.  I used Made's Doll Basket Pattern with a few alterations to create the bassinette.




The diaper bag was completely self drafted (feeling pretty proud).  I saved all my measurements in hopes to do a tutorial someday soon.  The little doll diaper are a free pattern I had found through Pinterest.  

I wanted to make sure I used every single little piece of fabric so of course I did not stop with the bassinette!  I had plenty of scrap pieces.  I also made this adorable little doll dress.  I am dreaming if the day this pattern is released in big girl size : )  I think I will have to make Mila a matching version!  The pattern is The Lucy Star Dress by Snazzie Drawers.  I used the Forest Fables Line as well as the Solid In Charcoal.  




I also received a sample strip of the Fawn Line.  I used the rest of my scraps and the sample strip to create this skirt.  Once again I kept the measurements, so expect a free tutorial in my next post : ).   

Well I think that is it!  I will leave you with a few more photos because I have such a hard time choosing my favs : )




BFF's Forever : )


Thanks for viewing!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Incredible sews!!!!! You really showcased the fabrics in every single item. I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! Mila and I love the skirt pattern! I need to make a kitty one next :)

      Delete